THINGS TO BEAR IN MIND WHEN WRITING

We have just finished Unit 1 in class and my students are getting ready for their first "exam-like" written assignment. I have asked them to do the task in two different steps. They have first written a draft version of an application letter that I marked on paper. My comments and suggestions (I tried hard not to make any corrections at all, even though it was tough at times!) were the starting point for them to write a final version on google drive.Sharing is caring! So I'm trying to teach my students to care for their mates by sharing most of their work with them. My main purpose is for them to learn a lot from each other!

Having marked most of their letters, I have just noticed some major problems that I would like them to consider carefully. This presentation below, together with the links it provides, is targeted at enhancing mostly the coherence and cohesion of their texts by giving some sound tips on punctuation, paragraphing and register. 

Let's see what we can get from it! I'll keep you informed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MEDIATION: RELAYING INFORMATION FROM GRAPHS AND INFOGRAPHICS

MEDIATION: A SURVIVAL GUIDE

MEDIATION TASK: THE FOOD WASTE EFFECT

Sharing is caring... so, let´s care!